Adobe's Generative AI Dominance Affirmed by Analysts' Positive Ratings

By Don Francis, Editor
September 16, 2023 11:23 AM UTC
Adobe's Generative AI Dominance Affirmed by Analysts' Positive Ratings

Deutsche Bank's Brad Zelnick raised their price target on Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) by 10.9% from $550 to $610 on 2023/09/15. The analyst maintained their Strong Buy rating on the stock.

Zelnick's optimistic outlook on Adobe comes on the heels of the company's "solid" Q3 2023 earnings report, which was released on September 14th. According to Zelnick, Adobe's impressive performance reaffirms its position as a leader in the emerging generative AI environment. In a report to investors, Zelnick stated, "The company is the 'star of the show once again and as expected, was Firefly.'"

Other analysts also chimed in with their updated ratings on September 15th. Tyler Radke from Citigroup raised their price target by 7% to $570 and maintained a Hold rating on the stock. Similarly, Rob Oliver from Baird raised their price target by 8% to $500 and also kept a Hold rating. Saket Kalia from Barclays increased their price target by 3.2% to $620, while maintaining a Hold rating.

Overall, 66.7% of top-rated analysts currently view ADBE as a Strong Buy or Buy, indicating a positive sentiment towards the stock. On the other hand, 33.3% consider it a Hold, with no analysts recommending or strongly recommending selling the stock.

Looking ahead, the consensus forecast among analysts suggests that Adobe's upcoming year will deliver earnings per share (EPS) of $12.87. If these predictions hold true, it would represent a 22.5% increase in EPS on a year-over-year basis.

In terms of stock performance, ADBE has experienced a slight dip since its latest quarterly report, with a 4.2% decrease in stock price. However, when considering the year-over-year performance, the stock has surged by an impressive 71.1%. This growth has outpaced the broader market, with ADBE surpassing the S&P 500's 14.1% increase during the same period.

Brad Zelnick, the Deutsche Bank analyst who raised the price target on ADBE, has established a strong track record as an analyst. With an average return of 4.2% and a win rate of 59.5%, Zelnick is ranked in the top 9% out of 4,329 Wall Street analysts. Their expertise spans across multiple sectors, including Communication Services and Consumer Cyclical.

Adobe Inc., a diversified software company operating globally, divides its operations into three segments: Digital Media, Digital Experience, and Publishing and Advertising. The Digital Media segment offers a range of products and services that enable content creation, publication, and promotion. One of its flagship products is Creative Cloud, a subscription service granting access to creative tools. The Digital Experience segment provides integrated platforms and applications for brands and businesses to manage and optimize customer experiences. Lastly, the Publishing and Advertising segment offers various solutions, including e-learning, technical document publishing, and web conferencing.

With a history dating back to 1982, Adobe Inc. has evolved from Adobe Systems Incorporated to its current name, Adobe Inc., in October 2018. Headquartered in San Jose, California, the company serves a broad customer base, from individual creators and marketers to enterprises, through direct sales channels, app stores, and its website.

What are the top analysts saying about ADBE?

WallStreetZen tracks the performance of nearly 4,000 Wall Street analysts, whom we rank by average returns, frequency, and win-rate (backtested over multiple years).

Create a free watchlist and be the first to know when top-rated Wall Street analysts revise their ADBE price target on WallStreetZen.

Want to get in touch? Email us at news@wallstreetzen.com.

WallStreetZen and Don Francis do not hold any positions in the companies mentioned in this article. The information and statistics provided herein are presented for general informational purposes only and may not be accurate, complete, or up-to-date. It should not be interpreted as a recommendation to buy or sell any stocks and should not be solely relied upon for making investment decisions. It does not take into account your financial situation or risk profile. All investors should conduct their own investment due diligence before buying a stock. WallStreetZen expressly disclaims any liability for the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the analysts' information, price targets, ratings, or opinions.

WallStreetZen does not provide financial advice and does not issue recommendations or offers to buy stock or sell any security.

Information is provided 'as-is' and solely for informational purposes and is not advice. WallStreetZen does not bear any responsibility for any losses or damage that may occur as a result of reliance on this data.